Do you need financial assistance?
We know that unexpected things can happen in life and you might not be financially prepared to cope. For example, losing your job or getting sick may cause you to struggle with your loan repayments.
If you find yourself in a situation like this, we encourage you to talk to us about how your change in circumstances is impacting your financial position – we might be able to offer you some assistance to help you deal with the financial difficulties you’re facing.
We will take the time to understand your situation. We’ll ask you for information on your financial position and carefully consider how we might be able to help you get your loan back on track.
If you wish to apply for assistance, or have any questions, please contact us on 0800 600 777.
1) Have you experienced a sudden change in your financial situation that prevents you from meeting your debt repayment obligations?
For example, a loss of or decrease in income or a large increase in expenses.
2) Was this change in your financial situation unforeseen?
For example, a loss of a job or illness or injury or death of a dependent family member or end of a relationship.
3) Can you answer “yes” to all of the following statements:
- you are less than two months behind in payments;
- you have not been late for or missed 4 payments in a row;
- if you received a repossession warning notice from us, you have made payment within 2 weeks of receiving that notice
If you answered yes to all 3 questions, you may be eligible for Financial Hardship
The next step is to fill out the Hardship Application Form available on this page. Do not hesitate to contact us for help filling out the application or if you have any questions about your eligibility. If your application is successful, we will look to offer you a change in the terms of your loan contract that may help you to meet your repayment obligations. We will work with you to find a solution that is mutually agreeable. If you don’t think you meet the criteria above but still need help, please call or email us anyway and we will see what we can do to help you sort things out.