Purchasing a vehicle is a major decision which will impact your life. If you’re buying it second-hand, you’ll want to be sure that the vehicle is in good condition and that it is unlikely to require mechanical work in the near future.
To ensure you understand the condition of the prospective vehicle, you can have a pre-purchase inspection completed. A pre purchase inspection is carried out by an independent third party who examines the vehicle for signs of existing damage / wear and tear. Once the inspection is completed you will be provided with a vehicle inspection report. This report will detail the condition of the vehicle and will enable you to make an informed purchase decision. The AA can help you buy your vehicle with confidence through providing a vehicle inspection.
With an AA Pre Purchase Inspection, you’ll get:
- A comprehensive 100+ point vehicle check by an experienced mechanic (taking approx. 90 minutes)
- An overview of any recommended repairs
- An indication of any potential WoF issues
- Clarity around the condition of the car before you buy it
- Personalised service - whether you're coming to one of our many site locations or we're coming to you!
- Reassurance that you can buy your car with confidence
A pre purchase inspection is carried out at the buyer’s expense regardless of the result. Although this is an additional cost, having a pre purchase inspection completed ensures you will be informed, and not just taking the word of the seller. Then if you do choose to go ahead and purchase the vehicle, you will have peace of mind knowing exactly what you are buying.
Disclaimer: Please note that the content provided in this article is intended as an overview and as general information only. While care is taken to ensure the content is correct, the information provided is subject to continuous change. Please use your discretion and seek independent guidance before making any decisions based on the information provided in this article.